Laying the Groundwork for an Effective Business Acquisition
To successfully close on the sale or purchase of a business, or to sell or acquire corporate stock, confirm financing or close on a loan, it could take months of preparation and careful consideration. As a business owner or operator, you may not have the time, legal background or particular expertise necessary to lay the groundwork and to promote the intended transaction, which can delay your business purchase and jeopardize your chances of a successful business operation.
At L. Gregory Loomar, PA, we have decades of business law and practical experience that we leverage when helping our clients prepare for a business purchase. We are equipped to handle all matters required to conclude transactions efficiently. From facilitating negotiations to conducting due diligence investigations completing business analyses, preparing, and confirming the necessary and appropriate transactional documents, we complete all tasks correctly and in a timely fashion, so our clients can make educated business decisions and achieve success in their endeavors.
Using a Team-Based Approach to Mitigate Risk
You can depend on our team to review, negotiate, structure and manage all matters relating to your transaction, including:
- Drafting, negotiating, revising and confirming contracts, including sale and purchase agreements, promissory notes, security agreements, shareholder agreements, noncompetition agreements, independent contractor agreements, license applications, transfers and closing documents
- Addressing financial matters related to the purchase, including Small Business Administration (SBA) loans, purchase money and conventional loans
- Confirming franchise purchases, acquisitions and sales
- Streamlining and optimizing the application process and/or transfer of business licenses
- Negotiating favorable terms with property owners, vendors and suppliers
- Developing and confirming enforceable business operational agreements
When you engage our firm, we will consider and examine all available options before recommending a course of action. We take pride in our ability to keep our clients well-informed about the potential consequences of their decisions and develop strategic business plans, which align with their objectives. We work with and coordinate business relationships seasoned, vetted professionals and service providers, such as business brokers, insurance brokers, CPAs, and bankers to ensure that you understand the benefits and challenges associated with your intended purchase and to optimize the efficiency of your business operations.
It is crucial to have most up-to-date information about a target business before you commit to an acquisition. With our help, you can feel confident that the steps you take today will support your interests tomorrow.
Contact Us to Learn More About Our Business Advisory Services
Whether you are looking to buy or sell a business in South Florida or elsewhere, we can help. Please email or call our Plantation office to schedule a consultation. Call us on our toll-free line at 888-351-1836 or reach us at 954-239-7574.